Fresh Start Recovery Programme (“Fresh Start”) is legally bound by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We are committed to protecting and securing the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
Fresh Start must apply the National Privacy Principles in Schedule 3 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth), that commenced on 12 March 2014. These principles relate to collection, use, disclosure and security of your personal information, as well as access.
What kind of personal information will Fresh Start collect?
The personal information held by us may include:
- your name
- your age
- your postal & email addresses, phone & fax numbers
- bank account or credit card details as provided by you
- details of donations made by you
We are only able to send you a donation receipt for taxation purposes if you provide us with your contact details.
How is your personal information collected by Fresh Start?
Your personal information is usually collected when you make a contribution by telephone, our website or a donation slip. Any other sources would only include publicly available sources of information.
How will Fresh Start use your personal information?
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to process any donations you give to us and to send you a receipt; and/or
- to send you newsletters, updates on our services and information about Fresh Start appeals or projects. If you do not wish to be contacted by us for this purpose, please call us on (08) 9381 1333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not use your information for any other purpose without your consent.
Will Fresh Start disclose your personal information to others?
We will not disclose personal information about you to any other organisation apart from outsourced providers, such as:
- bulk mail services
- marketing advisory services
- financial institutions in the case of direct debit or some credit card transactions
The above organisations are also bound by the National Privacy Principles. We will seek your consent if we intend to use or disclose your information for additional purposes.
How does Fresh Start ensure your information is accurate?
We are able to keep your information accurate, complete and current with your help. Please contact us if you are aware of any changes required to your personal information.
How does Fresh Start protect your personal information?
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information, stored physically and/or electronically by us, is kept securely and is not misused or subject to unauthorised access or use.
Can you access the personal information held by Fresh Start?
You may request access to your personal information at any time by telephone, in writing or by email (see contact details below).
When should you contact Fresh Start?
Please feel free to contact us in the following circumstances:
- any of your personal information details have changed;
- you would like to know what personal information Fresh Start holds in relation to you; or
- you believe your privacy has been breached and you wish to make a complaint.